banner

banner
Midnight Sunset at "Camp 2" -- 12 May 2013

Monday, April 22, 2013

Waiting...


Not much to do today. Everything has been checked and double-checked. Liam arrived also today and the group is ready for our planned departure tomorrow. The big question mark is the weather. Overcast conditions prevented our planned helicopter flight today to KAN_L, the lowest of the weather stations on the ice sheet, and it will have to be maintained later in May. At least, we were able to perform maintenance to KAN_B in the proglacial region and accessible by car. Hopefully, the weather will get clear until tomorrow and will allow us to catch our flight to DYE-2. In the meantime, here are some pictures from last year's SPLAZ campaign posted last year by Mike:
http://forums.backpacker.com/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.cgi?act=Print;f=953107219;t=9991157254

1 comment:

  1. I think the weather here in Colorado today is a lot worse! :)

    ReplyDelete