banner

banner
Midnight Sunset at "Camp 2" -- 12 May 2013

Thursday, May 23, 2013

A sudden ending

Yesterday, while watching Chasing Ice on the big screen, I got a phone call from Horst's mobile. Not the satellite phone, but his own. As this meant that the field party was near a cell tower of which there are none on the ice sheet, I could not resist the urge to pick up in the cinema. Apparently they got a ride down one day before the scheduled departure, flying with well-known scientist Koni Steffen. Horst's message was: "Where are our clean clothes?! I'm heading into the shower!"

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back team! Enjoy your well deserved shower(s).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just as surprised when I saw a text message from Mike yesterday from his own device! :) I'm glad they're back safe, sound and warm!

    ReplyDelete